I’m excited to join the amazing staff of CCA this year! This will be my sixth year teaching the humanities to 7th and 8th grade students, as well as a leadership elective, and I absolutely love it! Prior to teaching, I served as a youth ministries director to 6th-12th grade students in San Jose, California. At the same time, I also served as the Community Relations & Events Coordinator for 4others, a nonprofit ministry (that was started by 11-17 year olds!) dedicated to collaborating with others in the fight against local and global poverty. So, I hold high standards for my students. Why? Because they are capable of doing amazing things! My primary goals in the classroom are
- Students will develop a global mindset, engaging with different perspectives, cultures, and sources, so that they will be effective ambassadors for Christ.
- Students will strengthen their written and verbal skills so that they can use their voices to effect positive change in our world.
- Students will become leaders among this generation, learning when and how to make a difference.
- Finally, I aim for my students to believe that learning is FUN, and feel empowered to discover, create, and share with the world around them.
- I have 7 younger sisters (including three amazing foster sisters).
- My husband and I moved to Portland, OR two years ago so he could pursue his dream in becoming an architect.
- I love trying out extreme sports, which has included rock climbing, spelunking, bungee jumping, and skydiving… but, I’m afraid of Ferris wheels.
- Some of my favorites are: turquoise, coffee, used book stores, Oreos, and summer!
- Instagram: @april4others