It has been a dream of CCA for many years to open a high school program, and this dream is becoming a reality! CCA’s Superintendent, Sandra Yager, recently met with 7th & 8th grade parents to answer questions about the high school. Here is a recap of those questions and answers…
When is CCA’s High School opening?
We are starting our high school program for the 21-22 School Year!
What is the theme of the high school?
The theme of CCA’s high school is “In Search of Truth.” We are unapologetically a Christian school, and we want to come alongside you as parents to help teach your child to discern truth from a Biblical worldview. We teach kids how to live out their faith and give glory to God in everything they do.
What are CCA’s values?
We have identified four main values:
- Personal & Spiritual Development – Teaching kids to grow in their character and spiritual walk is essential in the development of Christ centered leaders.
- Entrepreneurship – Using the gifts that God has given each of us to glorify and serve Him to further the Kingdom of God.
- The 5 Rs… Rigor, Relevance, Relationship, Reflection, Results:
- Rigor: Academically and Spiritually challenging curriculum designed to analyze and discern truth
- Relevance: We want students to become curious learners and understand why the topics they are learning about are important
- Relationships: Guiding students as they deepen their relationship with the Lord, their families and the world
- Reflection: Review each unit and show through assessment what the students have learned
- Results: The results of the classroom are the results of the learning coach – what can the learning coach learn and improve on
- Learning is the Constant and Time is the Variable – We believe that learning should be the constant and time should be the variable. Some kids can finish their high school diploma in less time, and some kids need more time. Our goal is for the learning to be the constant so that every student who graduates from CCA’s high school is prepared for their future.
What will be the high school hours?
We’re considering starting at 9am and ending at 3:30pm. Nothing is finalized but this is what we’re thinking right now. Parents who drop off elementary and middle school students at our current campus can work out carpooling arrangements to take high schoolers over to Kings Way.
How many kids will be in the CCA high school in the first year?
Our maximum capacity for the first year is 20 kids. We will have mostly freshmen and possibly some sophomores.
What will be the cost of the high school tuition?
For High School Tuition Rates CLICK HERE
What would a sample week look like?
Here’s a sample schedule of what a week might look like for CCA High School students:
|Units of Inquiry||Units of Inquiry||Field Trips & Lunch||Units of Inquiry||Units of Inquiry|
|Noon- 12:45pm||Lunch||Lunch||Field Trips & Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|Math||Math||Field Trips & Lunch||Math||Math|
|Spanish||Elective||Field Trips & Lunch||Spanish||Elective|
|Reflection & Benediction||Reflection & Benediction||Reflection & Benediction||Reflection & Benediction||Reflection & Benediction|
Students will be excused at 2:45pm if they are participating in school sponsored after school activities.
What are the requirements to graduate?
(One credit equals one year)
(1.5 for PE, 0.5 for Health)
|CTE (Career and Technical Education)||2|
|Total Credits to Graduate||24|
CCA will be an accredited high school, which means CCA’s diploma will be acknowledged as valid by colleges and universities.
Why is apologetics important?
Every student will be required to complete one apologetics credit. Eighty percent of church kids who leave their home to go to university leave their faith. Why? Because their roots are not deep. We want kids to know why they believe something and how to defend it. If they don’t know the answer to a question, we will teach them where to go find it. We want to “grow their roots.”
What will electives look like at the high school?
The first year, we will not have a formal PE class. If a student participates in three sports, they can get a PE credit. We also can provide other alternatives to PE. Art will be taught in our units of study. Students can draw, paint, create films, and create other types of art. A minimum of two years of foreign language will be provided to everyone.
Students will participate in CTE (Career Technical Education). They will receive a Microsoft Certification to become proficient in Word, Excel, and other Microsoft programs. We also will teach a personal finance & budgeting curriculum. Students will learn how to budget, balance a checkbook, learn about mortgages, and increase their overall financial intelligence.
Will there be internships?
As an entrepreneurship high school, students will have opportunities to apply for internships during the second part of high school. If they get hired for an internship, students can receive school to work credit.
How can you learn more?
We are so excited to talk with you more about our high school! Please reach out to us with any questions, comments, or feedback. We would love to hear from you!
Sandra Yager, Superintendent firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy Stevens, Dir. of Communications email@example.com
“And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.”
– Deuteronomy 6:6-7