Cornerstone Christian Academy for Learning and Leadership (CCA) believes that no student who desires a successful Christian education should ever be denied that opportunity for financial reasons. CCA strives to serve qualified students from families of all economic means by maintaining tuition rates as low as possible and by developing non-tuition revenue sources for use in establishing and maintaining a financial assistance program. Funding for the financial assistance program is provided through the generosity of individuals, businesses and foundations via tax-deductible contributions designated for this purpose.
Applications for assistance should be made only after earnest prayer and careful consideration of all aspects of your family’s financial circumstances. The use of financial assistance funds in cases where the need is not acute may deprive others of educational opportunities. CCA’s assessment of financial need takes into consideration all sources of income, priority in spending, debt and expenses. In order to be good stewards of the gifts from generous donors, financial assistance will not be awarded to underwrite a family’s increased expenses or decreased income due to lifestyle choices.
After applications are reviewed by the Financial Assistance Committee, awards are distributed based on qualifying need and funds available. The amount of financial assistance awarded to any individual family is solely the discretion of CCA. Families who received assistance in the prior year and continue to need assistance must reapply each year. The award for each year is determined independently of awards from prior years and may change due to a family financial circumstance or funding available for financial assistance. Financial assistance awards are determined annually but applied to accounts monthly and are subject to withdrawal in the case of families/students who fall out of compliance with any of the eligibility requirements used in determining the annual award. In order to be as helpful as possible to the greatest number of families as well as maintain the CCA commitment to partner with families in every aspect of a child’s education (including financial responsibility), full tuition assistance will not be awarded.
CCA admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial assistance policies and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Eligibility And Compliance
- Full-time students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are eligible for financial assistance.
- Families in need of financial assistance must first submit completed enrollment forms and payment of enrollment fees for the applicable Kindergarten through 8th grade program.
- Families of enrolled students are then eligible to apply for financial assistance online through the FACTS link. A complete application, submission of necessary supporting documentation and payment of a $30 non-refundable application fee is required.
- Financial assistance applications are due annually by May 31 for the upcoming school year. After award determinations have been completed relating to requests submitted by the due date, then additional requests received after the due date may be considered only to the extent that funds are available.
- No financial assistance will be considered if there is an outstanding balance of prior year tuition at CCA or other private schools.
- Financial assistance awards are based on family financial need as demonstrated through completion of the Financial Assistance Request Form, submission of required additional information, interview of the family and review by the CCA Financial Assistance Committee. Incomplete forms or information will result in a delay in processing and determination of award, if any.
- Families/students must be in compliance with the terms set forth in the Parent Contract.
- Students for which tuition assistance has been awarded are required to be in good standing academically and behaviorally as well as maintain a minimum of 95% attendance.
- Account balances for tuition and fees must be kept current. In accordance with CCA policy, students will not be permitted to continue attending school if the corresponding account becomes 45 days or more past due.