Dear CCA Parents,
As I was reading scripture and praying for our school, the Lord reminded me of His great love for Cornerstone Christian Academy for Learning & Leadership, and that He is preparing the way for our permanent home.
- Look at the miracles He has already done!
- Property donated in the heart of growth in Clark County
- Funding gift of $5,000,000 to initiate the relocation of CCA
- Temporary home (modular classrooms) provided until new construction can begin
- Space for our ECE, K-8 & high school campuses in one location
- Four times as much playground space as our current location
- A more secure closed campus
- Owning our own school and not subject to another landlord’s rules and operations
- A facility dedicated to teaching the truth & love of God’s word and committed to pursuing the spiritual, academic, relational, and physical growth of our students.
Cornerstone’s strength is its focus on the spiritual and academic growth of your children. It is humbling to see the high level of academic performance of our students and their growth in their faith. I praise God for parents and staff who love and trust Jesus Christ and support our school. We look forward to seeing you in our new location next year.
Thank you, parents, for sending me additional questions you have regarding our new location next year. My responses are listed below. Please feel free to contact me if I can answer any additional questions.
Parents Questions Answered:
1. Will tuition increase for the 2018-19 School Year?
No, tuition and enrollment fees for grades K-8 will remain the same as 2017-18.
2. Will tuition increase for ECE?
Yes, tuition cost must be raised for ECE to cover the minimum wage increase.
3. What security measures are being put in place to keep our kids safe at the new location?
CCA will be a closed campus and all visitors will be required to check in at the front office. There will
be a fence around the campus, and video will be used for surveillance. We will continue to train all staff to
report strangers on campus and administrators will follow up immediately. We are looking into working
with volunteer parents who would be trained to work on campus security.
4. Will there be criminal background checks on all the construction workers who will be onsite?
Yes, construction workers will have background checks and be required to wear badges.
5. Will there be after school sports, and where will these activities be held?
Yes, we are excited about our sports programs for next year! We have plans to construct a gym/worship
center as soon as permitting allows. In the event that the gym is not ready, we are looking at leasing gym
space at Green Meadows and/or the YMCA in Orchards.
6. What’s the plan for recess?
We’ve figured out a way to redistribute the layout of the modular classrooms to give our students more
playground space than they have at our current location! This will allow students to have more playground
space from day one at our new location! (See site map below.)
7. Will there be a cafeteria & will lunch be provided?
Yes, there will be a cafeteria and hot lunch will be provided.
8. Where will restrooms be located?
Girls & boys bathrooms will be provided in the modular classrooms for easy access.
9. Will there be heat and air conditioning in the portables?
Yes, each classroom will have its own heating and air conditioning units.
10. Will the class sizes increase next year?
No, class sizes will not increase next year.
11. Will the new campus offer before or aftercare for elementary students next year?
Yes, before and after care will be provided next year.
12. Do you have pictures of what the portables will look like on the inside?
We will take pictures and have them available on our website at www.ccak12.net.
13. Will there be a “toddler” playground (fenced and with toddler sized toys) in the interim and
Yes, ECE will have fenced play areas meeting all Department of Early Learning Regulations.
14. What grade levels will the library accommodate?
K-8 students will have library access. ECE classrooms will have age appropriate literature available for
15. When is the projected date for the permanent facilities to be ready?
We plan on being in the modular classrooms for one year while the permanent facilities are under construction. Our ECE & K-8 permanent facilities are projected to be completed by August of 2019. The projected date for the opening of the high school in the fall of 2021. The date for the high school could be accelerated depending on permitting & funding.
…now to Him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine… -Ephesians 3:20