CCA New Location Walkthrough
CCA’s New Location FAQ’s
- Why is CCA moving?
Cornerstone Christian Academy for Learning & Leadership’s lease with Crossroads Church is ending on 9/1/18.
- Why can’t CCA renew the lease?
Both the school and the church ministries are growing and need more space.
- Why was the Faith Center Church location chosen?
An act of God. Pastor Glen Johnson of Faith Center Church called and indicated his interest in giving land (4.8 acres) to Cornerstone and entering into a multiple use agreement between the church and school for an additional 6 acres for a playground and parking lot.
- Will Cornerstone Christian Academy own the property (4.8 acres) where the ECE, elementary, middle school, and high school buildings are built?
Yes, CCA has been given the deed to the property and owns the land. Furthermore, Faith Center Church us providing Cornerstone with an additional 6 acres of shared space for playgrounds and parking lots.
- Will Faith Center Church have any ownership of CCA?No, CCA and Faith Center will remain two separate ministries.
No, CCA and Faith Center will remain two separate ministries. CCA will remain a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) Christian school and not affiliated with any one church.
- How will the school and church collaborate?
- CCA will build a 15,000 sq. ft. gym/worship center where the facility will be used by the school Monday through Friday, and reserved on Sundays by the church for worship services.
- CCA will use the existing church’s worship center for chapel.
- CCA will have permanent, never-ending access(or until the rapture!) to an additional 6 acres for a playground and parking lot use.
- Faith Center will have access to the ECE nursery space on Sundays.
- Will the recovery house owned by Faith Center be moved?
Yes. CCA will help Faith Center relocate the ministry to a new property. The large recovery house will be remodeled by CCA for use as a dorm for international students.
- Will a stoplight be placed on 117th for entrance/exit to and from the property?
- When is the projected date for relocating and opening the school at the new location?
IT is our desire to move into the ECE and K-8 building by 9/1/18, and the high school the same year, or possibly a year later. The move in dates depend on how cooperative the county will be in granting permits, and on CCA’s ability to raise funds.
- Will there be a capital campaign initiated soon for CCA parents, family, and friends?
Yes, stay tuned for details.
- How can we help now?
We would love your prayers for the Lord to continue to guide each step in this process. We also would greatly appreciate your help in spreading the word about our capital campaign when we launch it!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowlege Him, and He shall direct your paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6
New Location Site Schematic
Site Plan Showing 15 Temporary Modular Buildings