We know there is an incredible amount of trust that comes with parents dropping off children and leaving them in the care of our staff. Our objective at Cornerstone is to protect the safety of every child and staff member on our campus. Cornerstone Christian Academy for Learning and Leadership recently received an outstanding safety evaluation from the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction School Safety Center! Safety is always a priority for us.The administration and staff follow these plans in order to maintain our commitment to safety:
- Development of an all-hazards emergency response plan in voluntary participation with State Senate Bill 5097 (SSB 5097).
- Certification of School Administrators in the Incident Command System (ICS) developed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Currently, all Cornerstone school staff are ICS trained.
- Membership in the Clark County Safe Schools Taskforce (PDF).
- Actively analyzing and improving Cornerstone's school safety program.
- Ongoing development of procedures and policies for improved school safety.
- Regular performance of safety drills in compliance with the standards established by Washington State law.
- Purchase of emergency preparedness materials that enable our staff to care for our students in all emergency situations, including a 72-hour extended stay if conditions dictate.
- Commitment to long-range improvement of the school facilities to maximize security.